Easy way to get fry to grow faster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FWFishTanks

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have found this specific strategy to be very effective, ( many of you may be doing it already).

I am raising panda guppy fry in a ten gallon, but this time i kept the tank half filled ( five gallons), for the first 3 weeks, leaving their food in a more concentrated area, making it easier to find. I do regular weekly water changes and feed about 4 times a day. I think the more concentrated area of five gallons really helps them get a good start, as I have raised fry in full volume with a much slower growth rate. Of course, the smaller volume means more PWC's, but in the end it's worth it, as my fry are growing much faster with this technique. Not even a month yet and they are coloring up nicely! :dance:

This is great method!
The ability to do high% water changes with such low volume along with ease for fry to find and the abundance of food is awesome!
Along with this the increasing the tank to full volume makes two fry tanks out of one.
With my small fry(GBR) any tank fry are in is 1/2 full first 2 weeks to month.
At 1 month moving to larger footprint will really help.(y)

Congrats on your success and thanks for sharing a great strategy with others!:thanks:

This is great method!
The ability to do high% water changes with such low volume along with ease for fry to find and the abundance of food is awesome!
Along with this the increasing the tank to full volume makes two fry tanks out of one.
With my small fry(GBR) any tank fry are in is 1/2 full first 2 weeks to month.
At 1 month moving to larger footprint will really help.(y)

Congrats on your success and thanks for sharing a great strategy with others!:thanks:

It has certainly helped, and hopefully of these fry I can get my breeding business thing off to a kick start, as these are my first pure-strain guppy fry!

This is the same principle I am using with my Angelfish. Hatching the eggs in a 10 gal tank half filled then adding more water to it as the fry get used to the times I feed and where the food is coming from. By the time they are 30 days old ( sometime sooner) I can put them into a larger grow out tank and they will come to me when they see me. They know by then that "That's the guy with the yummy goodies." :D (y)

This is the same principle I am using with my Angelfish. Hatching the eggs in a 10 gal tank half filled then adding more water to it as the fry get used to the times I feed and where the food is coming from. By the time they are 30 days old ( sometime sooner) I can put them into a larger grow out tank and they will come to me when they see me. They know by then that "That's the guy with the yummy goodies." :D (y)

lol, my guppies are like "Eat, Eat, Eat"

It's funny to watch my fish run, almost walking on the water, to go from one end of an 80" long vat to get to the side I'm on when I walk past the things. I almost feel bad when I am just going from one end of the hatchery to the other with no food in hand. :lol:

Lol, what kind of angels do you breed?

Currently I am producing Silvers, golds, marbles, Pandas, Black Lace, Zebra, Zebra Lace, Gold Marbles, blushing and Blacks. I am working on 1/2 blacks and possible Kois as well. My next thing is to incorporate veiltails into these lines. :)(y)

Currently I am producing Silvers, golds, marbles, Pandas, Black Lace, Zebra, Zebra Lace, Gold Marbles, blushing and Blacks. I am working on 1/2 blacks and possible Kois as well. My next thing is to incorporate veiltails into these lines. :)(y)

Nice! Some great breeds you have there

Back
Top Bottom