Egg ID. WARNING-they're square.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plecoperson

Aquarium Advice Addict
Whatever they are, there's a lot of them! They are all festooned along the plant leaves....

img_886582_0_6f99924659d1b64e9004aa157daf445d.jpg

img_886582_1_d6ccdd9fe9c16c05ba6bc0c130b4c9c2.jpg

I'm guessing it's whatever kind of snail you have in the tank. It's obviously not the RCS. What are the inhabitants of the tank and how long have the plants with eggs been in that tank?

Some smarty-pants on another list found out they are the eggs of the Anentome helenas ("Assassin snails") I have in the tank. You can see one in the bottom right corner of the picture.

To illustrate what an expert I am on these snails, I thought they were livebearers. Thus ruled them out as the perps. DUH.

The eggs are really cool!

I'm guessing it's whatever kind of snail you have in the tank. It's obviously not the RCS. What are the inhabitants of the tank and how long have the plants with eggs been in that tank?

Like I said earlier. I saw the snail in the bottom right and thought it might be an assassin snail but wasn't sure if you had a snail problem or not so I didn't know if they were in fact assassins.

They find ramshorn, MTS, pond snails and apple snails quite delicious. They also eat any ol' kind of fish food, and today are climbing the glass (which they rarely do) to get at some spinach!

Back
Top Bottom