Egg ID--what on EARTH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plecoperson

Aquarium Advice Addict
Will get better pics, but these are tiny golden eggs of some sort, laid neatly in a hole in the driftwood. That hole is about 1/2" in diameter.

In the tank are a huge common pl*co, 3 sparkling gourami, female betta, horseface loach, cherry shrimp, MTS, brig snails, pristella tetras, and danios. I see no likely suspects!

8O

img_693196_0_af4165d82046400632d8eed7e7009dd5.jpg

id think the brigessi or the cherry shrimp, but thats just me. you could put them somewhere safe and watch :)

Cherry shrimp don't actually lay their eggs, brigs lay above the water line. Starting to think mebby these were laid on the wood before I got it..?

I thought that danios were "egg scattering" and don't really "lay" the eggs in a single spot. I may have heard wrong but maybe this would rule them out from being the parents.

yeah forgot about those :( if you move the driftwood around a little bit, are the eggs sticky or just sitting there? i have no idea, but that'll give you a little idea on which type of fish you should be looking for (invert)

They just sit there, glowing.....New theory is that something terrestrial laid them on the wood before I got it. But I moved that wood around, tied plants to it, etc. and I'da thought I would have seen them before this! Egg Watch continues.....

Back
Top Bottom