Egg Tumblers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
egg tumblers work great if you want to strip the female and hatch the eggs yourself. as im a hobbyist breeder but breed alot of african peacocks 6 diffrent types and frontosas i use egg tumblers all the time. as i strip the females after 3 days of them holding then i only have to wait another week or so before the same females are holding again . if you dont use egg tumblers and you let her spit them naturally youll be waiting around 3 weeks for her to spit them . tumblers just depend on what your want out of them. anymore questions feel free to ask

Okay so its the same concept as what the female is doing w her mouth. Almost looks like shes chewing on something hard. If you know what I mean....

yeah same concept. but by useing a egg tumbler youll get more eggs from the same female sooner. thats why most breeders use them and myself. if you want to keep all the fry your females produce youll need alot of tank space .

yeah same concept. but by useing a egg tumbler youll get more eggs from the same female sooner. thats why most breeders use them and myself. if you want to keep all the fry your females produce youll need alot of tank space .

Well I removed the fry from breeder box and put them in the main tank and the fry vanished. Im thinking my small frontosa picked them off one by one. I forgot about him.

if you have bigger fish in your main tank youll ned to grow the fry on for 3-5 months maybe longer before you move them otherwise they will get eaten. really youll need a seperate tank for the fry like a 40 or a 55 gallon or even a 20 gallon to get you going

Back
Top Bottom