eggs???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimmi_7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sadly as i had noticed a dead ghost shrimp, i had to move a piece of slate to get to, my finger ran in to a slimly "gloop". I turned the slate around in the tank to check it out and it looks like clear eggs. Now I am not sure what they are from though. I have mostly live bearers, a couple snails, a couple angel fish and neon tetras. So have NO clue what they could be from. Its a little batch, clear, and stuck on the slate pretty good. Anyone able to help me out with what they maybe???

What kind of snails do you have? Pond snails? They have clear egg sacks with little white eggs in them, Was this what you seen?

i have a few baby mystery and two adult mystery's. i read that they tend to have eggs that look like gum and near the top of the tank, if it is mystery eggs, i might be thinking of getting them out asap as i dont need tons of snails lol

It wouldnt be the Mysteries eggs, Like you said, they lay their eggs above the water line, Only above the water line.

ok so a update to the mystery eggs. Well everything I have read about mystery snails laying eggs outta water are wrong. It was snail eggs so now I have to watch mny snails close so it doesnt happen again........................back to picking out snail babies.

yes it was and si was the one i pulled out today. so maybe i dont have mystery snails then lol but apple???

My mystery snail lays eggs all the time, and they are NEVER in the water, unless she knocks them off.

If you have an apple snail, and not a mystery snail (technically the same thing, but scientific names are different), then it is going to get huge. Mystery snails get about the size of a golfball, and an apple snail gets about the size of a baseball/softball.

This is a pic of her laying them, and a pic of her:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 82
  • mystery.jpg
    mystery.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 78
i am sure now they are pond snails. Guess i will be looking for a cleaning crew as I dont want pond snails

Assassin snails work well, as does putting a piece of lettuce or zuchinni in there at night, then removing it the next morning. There should be snails all over it. I can't bring myself to make anything suffer, so I have assassin snails.

Back
Top Bottom