Eggs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquastrategist

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 50 gallon tank with 1 mystery snail, 1 angel, 6 rainbows and 6 Buenos aries tetras. Just found this eggs. Are they snail or fish and what should I do? (I only have 1 snail, got my plants and snail a week ago).

Hahah thanks, my guess was angel or cories, now theres 4 left. Nice snack for my fish, dont need any more lol.

To the best of my knowledge, most, if not all, aquatic snail eggs are laid in a jelly mass so I doubt those are snail eggs. The quantity of eggs makes me hesitant to say they are Angelfish. Most Angel spawns, even first time spawns, average 100 eggs. BA Tetras are egg scatterers as are most Rainbows but depending on the types of rainbows you have, these could be Rainbowfish eggs. (Celebes Rainbows are known to spawn on plant leaves and would not have a large number of eggs.)
You did not mention having any catfish or scavengers besides the snail but the quantity of eggs could be cory catfish.

Lastly, and it's a long shot ;), are you sure the eggs didn't come with the plant?

Sorry I didnt mention, I do have cory cats. I pretty sure they were cories, as I saw one swim over thw eggs but not eat any. Thanks for the help!

Sorry I didnt mention, I do have cory cats. I pretty sure they were cories, as I saw one swim over thw eggs but not eat any. Thanks for the help!

Well that just takes the challenge out of it. :ROFLMAO: The Cory not eating them is a good indicator that they were theirs. ;) Next time, be prepared in case they spawn again. :D

Defintly cory eggs, my cory's did the same thing. They laid eggs on plant leaves and the side of the glass. Got to watch open eggs because once fish find them they will be gone in no time. Good luck next time

Back
Top Bottom