Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mccl0e

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been trying to get snails to breed so I can use them as food, not sure what to look for but this glob is floating around in my tank, does it look like snail eggs?IMG_0103.jpg

The picture is not very clear but possibly; usually I do not even see snail eggs from pond snails and ramshorns because they are mostly clear and easy to overlook. If the blob is floating around freely it is probably not snail eggs unless they got scraped off of something somehow-- they are laid attached to something. You don't really have to do anything to breed pond snails and ramshorn snails, as they should quickly reproduce all on their own as long as there is enough food to support the population (it doesn't take much). It might take a little patience as the baby snails are so small at first you may not even see them.

Thanks and yes it's a bad picture but I was scooping a dead fish up and then saw that floating. I bought this cheap "glo tank" setup to use for a snail habitat but I hate the lights on it because there isn't just a plain white light.

If they are eggs how long do they take to hatch

If they are eggs how long do they take to hatch
I think about 5 days but I'm not sure as I just let snails go at it and don't really monitor. Then it will probably take 2-3 weeks to be big enough to feed to puffer. Here is a photo (not mine) of snail eggs to compare 1490297291701.jpg

Snails are usually pretty good about sticking those eggs on something. I have never seen them floating.

Back
Top Bottom