EGGS,EGGS, and more EGGS!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazyred

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, here I go again. Sorry, but I'm about to pop with pride!!! My new rams, that I've only had for less than a week, already have eggs, and my angel pair has laid eggs at the SAME time.

It is too funny to watch two very different types and sizes of cichlids defending their eggs at the same time!!! What a tank this 55 has truned out to be.

Yeah, LOL, I don't know what's in the water in that 55, but I can't KEEP the fish from spawning. :lol: I sent an email to the guy I got these rams from and he's pretty impressed too. I hope I get some babies.

I was hoping that tarmack would list his rams today, but nothing yet.

So when the rams lay eggs, can you see them? Or do they do a good job of hiding them?

Nope, plain view....these rams did just like my last ram couple....they used my CO2 diffuser. LOL, it's perfectly flat and apparantly the best place in the whole tank for rams to spawn.

I was surprised too when all four of my GBR pairs spawned within 10 days of getting them. I guess they are just really easy to spawn...not so easy to raise the eggs. I noticed that my rams used to lay on leaves of plants and on a piece of driftwood. Now they lay pretty much on slate and in the sand for the most part. Strange how they seemed to have changed spawning spots over time.

I'm going to have to set up several 'nureseries' around the house. Both sets of rams have spawned, than angels keep spawning, but none of the eggs have been making it. I suspect the Queen Arabesque is snacking at night.

I'm looking to set a breeding operation up.....this is too good to pass up. ;)

I need to go into business.....I think I could do okay.

I ended up buying from Austin Apistos and I'm pleased so far. Don't know where Tarmack is....maybe his rams weren't as ready as he thought.

Back
Top Bottom