eggs hatching time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amitnarain

Aquarium Advice Freak
hello.

as u may be knowing, about two days ago i found eggs scattered in my tank. i guessed that they from from the comets but i was told they were corys'.

i saved some in a floationg bowl that i kept in my big tank fastened to an edge.

now i wanna know how much time it will take to hatch.
so if i see that they are not hatching within that time i can dispose of them.

thank u.

What do they look like? Usually cory eggs are very sticky and attached relatively firmly to the side glass, and they should be somewhat translucent. They need good water flow around them to prevent fungus. If they turn white then you can go ahead and toss them- they won't hatch. Good luck!!

ok thanks.

i believe that they are coy eggs now that i have the description.

they are pretty hard and definitely sticky.

ill wait for a week and see.

thanks

also do i need to pu an airstone in that bowl of will thay be alright?

the bowl it actually a sawn coca cola plastic bottle.

Definitely get an air stone in there, and if you can get some methylene blue that would also help prevent fungus, but you might be able to pull it off without. The eggs should not be struck by the bubbles, but they need to be in the current created by the bubbles, if that makes sense. :wink:

I myself am raising some fry from the Dwarf Gourami eggs I collected last week. This is the third set of fry I have raised (am raising). I have found that a "Net Hatchery" is a great place to start your eggs/fry. They are pretty cheap, as I bought mine for under 5 bucks. The main thing is it protects the eggs/fry from being eaten, while making sure they are staying in the same well filtered water of your main tank..that they were laid in to begin with.

You may have a couple days til they hatch, but now is the time to get your micro foods ready for them.

Back
Top Bottom