Eggs in My Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hesassin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had an aquarium for about a year now. Today, when I fed my fish I noticed a clump of yellow eggs on the leaves of one of my plants. I have:
1 Khuli/Kuhli Loach
About 6 Rummy Nose Tetras
About 6 Neon Tetras
About 6 Cardinal Tetras
About 5 Cherry Shrimp
A whole bunch of snails
And a big, black algae eating fish (I have no idea what type)

Which fishes eggs could they be? Should I remove them? What do I do with them if I do remove them? Please help, I'm panicking.

Do you have a pic of those eggs? For all of the mentoned species lay eggs. "Most" snails will lay their eggs in a clutch or some kind yelly substance. With exceptions of snails which deliver just one offspring each time like tylos do. So, I can almost assume that it must be eggs of your fish.
Kuhlis and cherry shrimps don't leave their eggs on leaves. You can rule those two out.

I don't know if this helps but at least you can rule some out.

They mite be the snails but if they are they would be really small

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Tetras are extremely hard to breed and the shrimp keep there eggs Intel they hatch and kuhlis eggs are green so the are most likely the snails

Breeding tetras ain't that hard to be honest. If you'd like to breed them in a proper way than you should be keeping them in the dark. I've bred fish like that for years.

I here'd with some of them if the water is not 100% to there liking they won't breed or even become sterol

It's a general thing and goes for most fish if the water parameters ain't a 100% to their liking, that they tend not to breed. For sure I had some fluctations in those tanks as well but can't say that those fish became sterol. For I always had offspring also after an inbalance in those tanks. But sometimes you have to be more patient in order to get it all done in the right way...

Thanks for the advice. I can't upload a photo but they are small (the size of the eye of a needle), a pale yellow, and clumped together on a single leaf.

Back
Top Bottom