Eggs MTS or other

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am reasonably sure I have MTS eggs stuck on the aquarium glass but since I have MTS in all my tanks and have never seen eggs before I would like confirmation from those who have more experience than me. Besides MTS tank contains Danios tetras & corys. Would post a pic but can't figure out how

Most like Cory eggs. MTS are livebearers and the danios lay non-adhesive eggs. I think tetra eggs are adhesive.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Agreed. They're tiny and laid on surfaces like the glass. If they were fertilized by a male cory there's a chance that they hatch if they don't fungus over.

Eggs id confirmed - still need help though

So they are cory eggs from a pair I put in the tank 2 days ago. I have scraped as many off the glass as I could & put them in a fish net by the filter overflow til I can get a net breeder at the LFS tomorrow. Other than fuzzy how do I tell if they are viable & how long til they hatch?

Most will be amber and will have tiny black dots inside if fertile. If infertile, they will be pure white and will rot soon.

Back
Top Bottom