Electric blue babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joselito76

Aquarium Advice Regular
i came back from a business trip and i saw the female electric blue with a strange behavior and i just saw her mouth full of babies. there is no way i can catch her to put her in a different tank ,so i just let nature continue the course . i would like to see the babies out.

i came back from a business trip and i saw the female electric blue with a strange behavior and i just saw her mouth full of babies. there is no way i can catch her to put her in a different tank ,so i just let nature continue the course . i would like to see the babies out.

The fry will be quickly dispatched by the other fish, generally the only way to save them is to remove the holding female. After she picks up the fertilized eggs she will spit around 21-28 days later. She will guard the fry briefly but not long enough for them to stand a chance. Don't worry of you miss one of her births because she will do this 3-4 times per year in average.

would be nice if i can do something about it. she spend most of the time in one side of the tank if i can isolated some how i will

i was able of getting the female out of the fish tank and put her on my 10 gallon one . one question, would the female eat the babies right after she spit them out or she will recognize them?

She will mind them for a brief time, once she stops sucking the fry back is when approached it's time. She will be hungry after not eating for up to twenty eight days.

+1 She will take them back in for awhile with no harm done after that she will eat them to survive. If she is a first timer she will resort to eating them much faster.

Here are few pics of the babies so far i can count 22 look like she may have few more in her mouth.

Attachments

• IMGP3460.jpg
    IMGP3460.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 176
  • IMGP3459.jpg
    IMGP3459.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 169
Back
Top Bottom