Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-04-2011, 03:20 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Exclamation emergency!!!

I just did a 20% water change about 3 hours ago or soo, I put prime in the water and added some salt. now a bunch are up at the surface around the powerhead that has an air hose connected. this is the first time ive seen them do this. what do I need to do to fix this??? are they gonna die. oh and the water is perfect, 0 amm o nitrite, and like 10 nitrate.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:27 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamptramp3405
I just did a 20% water change about 3 hours ago or soo, I put prime in the water and added some salt. now a bunch are up at the surface around the powerhead that has an air hose connected. this is the first time ive seen them do this. what do I need to do to fix this??? are they gonna die. oh and the water is perfect, 0 amm o nitrite, and like 10 nitrate.
How much salt??

Old 08-04-2011, 03:59 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Like a handful of basic aquarium salt. It's a 55 gallon aquarium and it calls for like 2 cups for that size tank but I never put that much. I know it was about a 1/4 cup at the most! And my fish r used to it I do it every water change. The only thing different we did is my neighbor brought me part of her aquarium plant that she has in with her discus and guppies..... Can that do something to the water???
Old 08-04-2011, 04:15 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamptramp3405
Like a handful of basic aquarium salt. It's a 55 gallon aquarium and it calls for like 2 cups for that size tank but I never put that much. I know it was about a 1/4 cup at the most! And my fish r used to it I do it every water change. The only thing different we did is my neighbor brought me part of her aquarium plant that she has in with her discus and guppies..... Can that do something to the water???
I would do another larger waterchange with prime and no salt. Just incase bc if it is something in the water... Clean water will help

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com