emergency!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vamptramp3405

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just did a 20% water change about 3 hours ago or soo, I put prime in the water and added some salt. now a bunch are up at the surface around the powerhead that has an air hose connected. this is the first time ive seen them do this. what do I need to do to fix this??? are they gonna die. oh and the water is perfect, 0 amm o nitrite, and like 10 nitrate.

Vamptramp3405 said:
I just did a 20% water change about 3 hours ago or soo, I put prime in the water and added some salt. now a bunch are up at the surface around the powerhead that has an air hose connected. this is the first time ive seen them do this. what do I need to do to fix this??? are they gonna die. oh and the water is perfect, 0 amm o nitrite, and like 10 nitrate.

How much salt??

Like a handful of basic aquarium salt. It's a 55 gallon aquarium and it calls for like 2 cups for that size tank but I never put that much. I know it was about a 1/4 cup at the most! And my fish r used to it I do it every water change. The only thing different we did is my neighbor brought me part of her aquarium plant that she has in with her discus and guppies..... Can that do something to the water???

Vamptramp3405 said:
Like a handful of basic aquarium salt. It's a 55 gallon aquarium and it calls for like 2 cups for that size tank but I never put that much. I know it was about a 1/4 cup at the most! And my fish r used to it I do it every water change. The only thing different we did is my neighbor brought me part of her aquarium plant that she has in with her discus and guppies..... Can that do something to the water???

I would do another larger waterchange with prime and no salt. Just incase bc if it is something in the water... Clean water will help

Back
Top Bottom