Endler breeders, help with a few questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tropical

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 10 gallon tank with a trio of peacock endlers and a few juveniles. I've only had them for a few months, but I was interested in getting a few new varieties, like tiger endlers, chili endlers or orchid endlers.

Could I have different types of endlers in the same tank without messing up the strains? Do female endlers have certain color varients even if they don't show the actual colors? Like, do my female endlers have the peacock strain?

Could I have different types of endlers in the same tank without messing up the strains? Do female endlers have certain color varients even if they don't show the actual colors? Like, do my female endlers have the peacock strain?

No, yes, yes. The females do carry the strain though they don't present the colors themselves. We have 6 or 7 strains and keep everyone totally seperate.

Perfect, thanks. I may put a divider in my 29 gallon tank and get another trio of a different type later on.

Back
Top Bottom