enough room?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flitabout

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a planted 37g tall. In the tank I have 2 platys 5 cardinals, and somewhere inbetween 30-40 fry. I have left all of the fry in the tank hoping their numbers might decrease but it sure doesn't look like it. I have found homes for a few. I wanted to keep a couple of them like 2 or 3 of the platys if they look like their mother. She is an iridescent white mickey. So that leaves at the very least 20 more that need homes. At what point can I get them out of the tank? As far as the bio load goes are they ok in there? Is this just massively overstocked even at their small size I don't want to hurt my healthy adult fish.

I have a planted 37g tall. In the tank I have 2 platys 5 cardinals, and somewhere inbetween 30-40 fry. I have left all of the fry in the tank hoping their numbers might decrease but it sure doesn't look like it. I have found homes for a few. I wanted to keep a couple of them like 2 or 3 of the platys if they look like their mother. She is an iridescent white mickey. So that leaves at the very least 20 more that need homes. At what point can I get them out of the tank? As far as the bio load goes are they ok in there? Is this just massively overstocked even at their small size I don't want to hurt my healthy adult fish.

Aww they sound cool , what age are they ? I've 30 Dalmatian Molly fry at 8weeks Old i have 8 in my 55 community the rest are in a 21g I'm leaving them there for another 3 weeks then re homing ,, I personally think 3 months is a good age and size to re home.. I'm no expert ...and if I could I would keep them all ;)

If you have a local fish store, you might be able to trade a batch of fry for credit, or even sell them outright, possibly. Can't hurt to ask.. or if there is something like kijiji, might sell some that way.

Back
Top Bottom