Extremely pregnant guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelly247

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ive been reading online that guppys are pregnant for about a month before giving birth. Well, one of my preggo guppys as been preggers for almost 3mths. And shes still getting bigger. No male in the tank with her. Not sure what's going on. Thoughts? Shes the bigger one lol

Sent from my LG-E971 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1396472966991.jpg
    1396472966991.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 130
Oh that's weird! When did you get her and was she with males then? She might be storing the sperm, a weird thing is that she dosen't have a gravid spot!

Hasn't been with a male since I noticed she was expecting. Noticed about 3wks after I got her. I picked up 3 of them. 2 females and 1 male. Wanted to breed them to feed the fry to my main tank. She had one baby about 2mths ago, but thats it

Sent from my LG-E971 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Guppies are pregnant for about a month before they drop fry but they can store the sperm for several months and practically stay pregnant for at least three months, sometimes up to 6 months. Guppies are pretty neat that way!

A guppy gestation period is around 28 days but if it is her first batch (which judging by the size of her, it is) it can last up to 3 months, which means it's about time she popped her load

Back
Top Bottom