Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-27-2014, 11:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

fancy goldfish fry

I have a 55gal with 5 fancy goldfish and a pleco. I was told that the fry wouldn't make it when I said I had eggs. well I removed them from the big tank so they wouldn't get eatin. I know have several fry, all the people who said it couldn't be done without all kinds of work I was supposed to do to the tank, well you were all wrong: ) LOL... now I do have a question can i put my pleco in the fry tank for a couple days to help keep it clean? or will he eat them?

Old 05-28-2014, 12:44 AM   #2
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA!!!

Congrats on the fry! How many do you have? How old are they? What is your present water change and feeding schedule?

Do not place the pleco or any other type of fish in with the fry or there will not be any fry. Depending on their age, realize the fry will need to be separated by size soon as well or there will be few remaining. Please ask any questions!

Tags
fancy, fancy goldfish, fish, fry, gold, goldfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com