Fancy guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jay jay

Aquarium Advice Freak
How many times can a female give birth before needing a male?

Quite hard to believe. I have heard this but actually experienced this as the male that my female was in the tank with was a male Cobra Guppy and she was not anything like that, and 6-7 months later out popped Cobra Guppy babies and other looking babies like the other Guppy that was with her, and the females had been separated from males.

The Cobra looking ones were notable as there was only one male I had ever had like that and he had died.

The home the most of the Guppies came from were all red tail bluish silver body, other babies looked like all the rest of the group we had.

That has nothing to do with what I asked lol

No, 6 to 7 months as far as I know. They never have to mate. You can keep guppies only male or female in a tank and and some point if you keep the females only they will stop giving birth.

Why do you inquire?

OK good and I'm try make it so I can have a tank of just one color. Trying to sell them, so if someone wanted just yellow I can give them just yellow. I know stupid but I want to try it to see how well it works

Back
Top Bottom