Farlowella (twig catfish) breeding i think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaAussie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Today it seems like all my fish want to spawn. What's going on. I just killed half my tank a few days ago by over gassing them with co2 which killed all the more active fish. So now it seems two of my three farlowella have spawned. At least I think they have. Anyone got experience with them? I will post photos so you can see what I mean. The water quality is super clean as I emptied the tank cleaned all the gravel and started again. Thoughts?

Hard to see but they are all over the new co2 diffuser and the male seems to be guarding them. So cool. I love these fish.

Attachments

• image-3067246266.jpg
    image-3067246266.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 79
  • image-4173150203.jpg
    image-4173150203.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 72
  • image-3856184460.jpg
    image-3856184460.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 78
It is likely that they are the ones who laid the eggs. Are there any other fish in the tank now? If so, what kinds?

There are cherry barbs, one gold ram, one big pretty discus, one galaxy pleco, 4 albino city cats and a killifish couple. Everyone else died in the co2 holocaust.

There are cherry barbs, one gold ram, one big pretty discus, one galaxy pleco, 4 albino city cats and a killifish couple. Everyone else died in the co2 holocaust.

It is possible that the albino cory catfish did it as well.

Back
Top Bottom