Feeding fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just noticed some what I believe to be cpd fry in my shrimp tank. Moved cpds out of tank last week. How do I feed them. Only found a few. Is there enough micronutrients in tank to keep them alive. Tank heavily planted and about 4 mos old. Got some frozen baby brine shrimp. Would they be able to eat? Any other feeding advice? My first experience with fry.

Fry four days old and seem to have 15 of them. Still concerned about if they are getting enough food. Only thing I could find were hikari first bytes Not sure if they can eat it. Seems like they are trying to but prob to big. Trying to grow infusoria and ordered a micro worm culture. But both will need more time to get ready. Anyway to tell if they are eating enough. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395523089.507203.jpg

What you need is green water or second best some astaxanthin powder. Small golden pearls make work as well.

I fed my livebearers fry grounded up flake food. I dipped a tooth pick in the water then in the food then by the fry. They ate it up

I actually feed my fry sea monkey food until they are big enough for first bites and then feed first bites until they are big enough to eat flake food

These fry are just so small. They are struggling to eat the first bites. Praying that my infusoria will be ready soon. Worried they will starve to death

This is what I feed my guppy fry: Microworms, Decapsulsted non- hatching Brine shrimp (More nutrients, less mess!), crushed flakes, and blood worms. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine are stil to small for that. Celestial pearls are tiny to begin with so imagine their babies. Think my infosurua is close to ready. Put a bit in and the fry swarmed it. Must be finding enough food to survive. Just worried they might have some stunted growth. Micro worm culture should arrive soon. So hopefully it wil be ready when they get a bit bigger

I just had about 200 cory cat fry hatch March 9, I started them with crushed flake food.

Then they started eating blood worms and brine shrimp that I scraped off a block of frozen foods within the first week. At first this was unintentional because I was feeding my other small carnivores that are in the tank with them.

My previous fry, I would hatch brine shrimp for them, I have also seen on youtube people making a hard boiled egg yolk to feed fry...but to me that seems messy yet probably very healthy.

Good luck with your fry.

Attachments

• march 24 001 (640x480).jpg
    march 24 001 (640x480).jpg
    205 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom