Feeding Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny32561

Aquarium Advice Activist
So a few weeks ago i got myself some supercross guppy fry that I've been waiting for a LONG TIME but I don't have a feeding schedule and I really need one considering i can't feed them from 6:30 - 5:10 help is appreciated I have brine shrimp flakes and whatever my pet store has and those sinking algae pellets

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So a few weeks ago i got myself some supercross guppy fry that I've been waiting for a LONG TIME but I don't have a feeding schedule and I really need one considering i can't feed them from 6:30 - 5:10 help is appreciated I have brine shrimp flakes and whatever my pet store has and those sinking algae pellets

Just feed once in the morning, and once when you get home. But I do suggest that you do not keep the lights on for that long. You should get a timer and set it so you can watch your fish when you get home. 8-10 hours is enough light or you'll face major algae problems in the near future.

I use natural sunlight they are near a window

I feed my fish in the morning before work, right after work and just before bed time. I give each tank a small portion of one food and then another small portion of another food.

That's too much... If you want them to grow fast I would suggest beef heart frozen cubes once in the morning and again at night before bed. Trust me they will be fine, even fasting them for a day a week is good for them.

Since this post I have moved them to another tank the other one was like a "waiting room" until the other tank was cycled I changed the water frequently so ammonia wouldn't kill the fish and I removed uneaten food

Honestly not so much water changes are needed that fast, the less disturbed the fish the happier, I've never had them die under water conditions.

Since this post I have moved them to another tank the other one was like a "waiting room" until the other tank was cycled I changed the water frequently so ammonia wouldn't kill the fish and I removed uneaten food

What was the final water parameters?

Nitrate : 0 Ammo :0 Ph:7 nitrite 0-0.25 kinda in the middle to me

I think there is a lot of over thinking things for one. Stick to basics!

Back
Top Bottom