Female Angel dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Digitalgerl

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was lucky. I purchased 3 Angels and 2 ended up pairing off. They have spawned 3 times-last time was 3 days ago. The eggs are gone as usual but I'm not set up to raise the fry.
Last night all the angels seemed fine. Swimming well. Eating fine. Begging for more as usual. Racing to the front of the tank to greet me...lights out at 7 pm last night. This morning when I turned the lights on the "3d" angel came up but I noticed the male in the corner by the log and he wouldn't budge. When I fed them he finally came up and ate and went right back. I knew then to look behind there to find the female and sure enough she was dead. No signs of any illness and she couldn't have been dead long as her scales and color were still iridescent. The male of the pair seems to be moping all day now. I did a water change and rescaped the tank to get him away from that corner of the tank. This was were they would spawn....Is it usual for this behavior? What could have caused her death? I know that they are known to be flighty and can run into the glass if frightened but all was quiet last night.

Attachments

• last_pic-lower_is_female_155.jpg
    last_pic-lower_is_female_155.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 24
Sorry for your loss, there are many things that may have happened. Unfortunately there may be no way to know for sure.

Thank-you...You're right I will probably won't ever know for sure. I hope that the other angels will be fine. Has anyone ever lost one of a pair? Was there a difference in how the remaining one acted? (and it's not just me as my family has noticed the difference in the males temperment right now)
On a humourous note...My angels could put any happy tail waggin' dog to shame when I'd walk up to that tank....lol....fins and tail moving at a hundred miles an hour..who knows...it might be feeding time!...lol

Back
Top Bottom