Female Guppy Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Artist

Aquarium Advice Freak
How can you get your female guppies to grow to like 3inchs?

I hear all about how some breeders have 3+inch female guppies. And these 3inchers drop 100+ fry

I know with age the female guppies will start to drop more but how do they get them to grow that big and drop that many fry?

also would love to see some pics of breeder tanks

Anyone know how to get your female guppies to grow over 3 inches?

I saw plenty of huge female guppies at my lfs today. I didnt like them, very ugly..lol Ive heard warmer water helps them grow faster, I assume that they will all grow that big with time?

Unnatural fish growth food containing a type of 'steroid', if you like, for fish growth stimulation.

I have seen some small fish grow to large fish, neon tetras and such, when fed on this.

I agree they look ugly and awkward large though!

Please don't try to grow your guppy to be 3+ inches. It's not natural. They're supposed to be 1-2 1/2 inches maximum. 3 inches is just plain wrong. I'm breeding guppies, and just because I'm talking on here, I'll offer: do you want to buy some baby guppies? I will be selling them when they are at 3 weeks old (so I can tell gender) and I'm thinking of a price (if any) to be around $1.00. I will not sell you sick/parasitic/fungal fish (and if you or I find a sickness in the babies I will fix it as soon as possible!)

one of my females just had a drop today. She dropped 20+ so Im pretty happy

Back
Top Bottom