First angelfish spawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lbcoopman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So excited. First time angelfish spawn. Eggs laid 42 hours ago.some white most are amber. I seperated parents. Eggs in 1 1/2 gallon with airstone over eggs. Placed in main tank with water surrounding to maintain temp. If i am successful and get wigglers soon then fry i have a 10 set up to grow out then a 30 if needed. My heater had quit and i was not aware first 12 hours. Replaced and set to 82. Qustion with this how long until wigglers? When do i put in sponge filter? With both parents being koi will all the babys be??? Ive always had aquariums and many live bearers this is my first egg layer attempt.

Attachments

• 20170627_180137.jpg
    20170627_180137.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 20170706_201836.jpg
    20170706_201836.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 60
I now have wigglers. Almost all eggs made it.only about 10 went white. I am going to feed baby brine and hakari first bites. How long free swimming should i move from 1 1/2 to 10 gallon?

They hatch into wigglers usually on day 3. They stay wigglers until day 8 or 9 then they will go free swimming. They will probably drop off whatever they were laid on, so be sure the bottom is as clean as possible. A filter is not needed until they are all free swimming.
How long to keep them in the small tank depends a little on how many there are. If it is really crowded, move them a little quicker. A week or so would be alright. Make sure they are eating good before moving them, they will not be able to find the food as easily in the bigger tank.

Thank you for all the info. Ive had aquariums for years and did the live bearers quite a bit prior to setting up my 150 gallon. Now i have all egg layers...But this is my first egg layer attempt at breeding.

Back
Top Bottom