First attempt to breed my angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1-2 drops per gallon. Every other day.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Figured i should clarify this. MB usage is 1-2 drops per gallon. WCs are every other day.

I thought so haha

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can I just put a cover over the eggs to prevent the parents from eating them until they start to swim or is that a bad idea?

I have never done that nor seen it done. Interesting thought, but i doubt it would work as detritus, food, poo, etc.... would get caught and gather there. Would also reduce flow over the eggs. Both would aid in whitening, fungus eggs in my opinion.

I was thinking of a clear plastic cup with multiple holes in it upside down over my pvc pipe, so there will be enough water flow, but this is just an idea. Like you said fungus will more than likely be present since the parents won't be clearing off the unfertilized eggs

I'll be posting an update video tommorow morning ?

Didn't have much time but not much happened this week ? the female is getting plump I think within the next few days I'll have some eggs

Watch "gold veil angelfish breeding DAY:7" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/ddXvqdHtBLE

The angels started cleaning the piece of pvc I put in the tank, female doesn't look as bloated as she usually does but we'll see what happens ?

Back
Top Bottom