Fish breeding room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New_b0401

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I've finally convinced my parents to use part of tbe basement as a fish breeding room. I currently have one pair of breeding angels that just had there first spawn. (Sadly I wasnt set up yet and they were in a community tank so all the eggs got eaten): ). I'm picking up a tank on sunday with some shell dwelling cichlids, guppies, and mollies (not sure how many the guy said they've been breeding like crazy so this will be a fun project.) Getting some kribs from a friend and some zebra danios. The space is good sized and will currently have 2 30 gallons 2 20 gallons and 4 10 gallons. I know I will need more grow out space but right now a $15 kiddie pool is sounding pretty nice lol. Im a high schooler with an injury that keeps me stuck at home so I have to get by with what I can afford. Any input would be appreciated. I'm currently trying to find an air pump that will run all these tanks any suggestions? Will post a video sometime early next week of the space, tanks, and fish thanks for reading:)

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What are you going to do with all the fry?? Danios, mollys, guppies will have zero market value.. if you're going to go all out?? May as well stick to something that sells??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Danios were what I cycled my tanks with so I have some left over haven't had a hard time selling them so far as they are long finned and giants... Idk about the mollies and guppies as of right now they were just included with the cichlids that I purchased... I might end of selling them or using thier fry as feeders. I know that sounds a little cruel but saves money and it's better then having the over stocked tanks of them. I believe the angels, shell dwellers and kribs will sell well

I plan on breeding guppies to feed my oscar when I actually get an oscar.. I wasn't trying to come off crabby, just see lots of posts about breeding live bearers.. nuff said.. the cichlids should move ok, my lfs takes higher end stock for 1/3 resale.. not bad...

I plan on breeding guppies to feed my oscar when I actually get an oscar.. I wasn't trying to come off crabby, just see lots of posts about breeding live bearers.. nuff said.. the cichlids should move ok, my lfs takes higher end stock for 1/3 resale.. not bad...

Yea I know I asked my lfs and they have people bringing them in by the bucket loads and just giving them away haha sorry didn't mean to sound defensive;) and thats not bad at all

Can anyone recommend a good air pump to run about 20 sponge filters?

Back
Top Bottom