Fish ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thever

Aquarium Advice Activist
Soooo I bought this pair of livebreeders today..and for the life of me I cant recall the name of these guys...any help would be appreciated. The male is orange with some black spots, female is quite bland, grayish and a bit bigger. I have a photo I'll load in a bit. Thanks

Attachments

• 100_0502.jpg
    100_0502.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 85
Looks kind of like an endler and a feeder.

There are alot of variations of Endlers. People are breeding them with guppys and coming up with a ton of hybrids. They look like endlers/guppies to me.

I second the endler thought.

Also, sorta looks like a wild caught guppy as well, not to say that it was actually caught in the wild, but that it doesn't come from the fancy strains. This is what most feeder guppies in stores are.

Those are hyrid guppy endler crosses. They are a nice fish and with a little line and inbreeding you can come with a very nice line. High school biology science fair memory, back then the guppies and endlers were considered the same fish because they could breed and have fertile off spring.

ok...had a little chat with the lfs that I bought them from....
Micropoecilia picta, he was pretty geeked about them, went to an auction years ago and he said he stopped bidding at 25 a pair(I believe they were pretty rare then, but he said you still dont seem to find alot of em)

Also, heres a picture I found with a male and female- amazing how different the females look, like people said, looks like a different kind of fish.

Attachments

• 2192139356_a618de1c8b[1].jpg
    2192139356_a618de1c8b[1].jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 69
Do you know if they are a pure strain or have been bred with guppies or endlers? If you can document it you will probably have an easier time getting rid of the extras.

Joy13

Not a clue as to their background, and I dont know if the lfs guy would know either, He mentioned going to an auction for them, didnt get them, and then a few days later, he saw them on his list(I assume a list of fish available to order) I can check with him, but I would have my doubts as a pure strain. Thanks for the idea though.

Back
Top Bottom