Fish to breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luv4bettas

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello I need help on what kind of fish I could breed! Its very fun and I am experienced! They do have to be freshwater. If the fish lay more than 2000 eggs I cannot do that !
Thanks!
Luv4bettas:fish2:

Check with your LFS and see what fish are popular and hard to get for them. That way you will have a place to sell what you are breeding.

I used to raise guppies and there were times I had to give them away.

I switched to Endlers and Dwarf crayfish and now my LFS is anxious for me to bring them in.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Any of the dwarf blue eyed rainbow fish are good ones, as are most killifish.

Peacock Gudgeons are supposedly easy to breed and are a popular sought after fish. So that might be a good option.

Another would be Multis shell dweller cichlids.

If you're willing to work with cichlids, I would try convicts. They are very easy to breed and they stay somewhat small for cichlids. Although they do get very aggressive once they pair up

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't know about cichlids because a couple years ago my mom said they were to aggressive and I wouldn't want them to die just because I want to breed them. But thanks though!:)

Luv4bettas

South American cichlids are generally community compatible. That's dwarf South American cichlids. Larger ones are still aggressive I think.

do not get convicts they will breed like rabbits and you can't give them away , people use them for feeder fish they breed so much
rams are harder to breed the water has to be just right
Endlers would be a easy fish to breed and you might be able to sell them to a lfs , the fancier the better
there always on sale on aquabid

You could also try shrimp. Red cherry shrimp are very easy to breed and there's always a market for them. You could then graduate to rarer and more expensive shrimp.

As far as the peacock gudgeons go, you don't see them alot on stores but I have trouble with mine and breeding. They keep eating the eggs/fry. The males stay with the eggs and fan them and then when they hatch the males leave them to their own and they get eaten then. I think they are beautiful fish and are worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom