Fishing !!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kribbman

Aquarium Advice Activist
What is the most effective way to get Fry out of my planted tank? I tried draining half the water ant cornering them but the little buggers just seem to find a way around my net, and they are pretty darn quick too.

Dude, get your self two nets and try to get them out of there. Jajaja, I imagine you cuz trying to get them out. Let me know if you need help, I'll go to your house.

Your Cuz.

I just had to get some guppy fry out of my 30g long. It was quite hard to get at them because of the java moss. I found that if I feed them on one corner, keep the net on the other side and slowly move it over. Once you are about 3 inches from them do a quick scoop, I got 3 at a time by doing that.

I found that doing this with the lights off is the easiest way. My fry wouldn't come out of the java moss unless the lights were off (due to other fish in the tank). Once the lights go out and some crushed flakes are up top they all come up to get a bite.

Hope it helps, good luck!!!

P.S. - I still have one fry in my main tank, I gave up trying to net him. :)

Back
Top Bottom