Flame Gourami creating a bubble nest. Question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robertselbe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had my two Gouramis in with the other fish and there was a fight. The male died. I put the female Gourami in a 10 g for her to heal along with the parrot. Now she is building a bubble nest. DOES SHE STILL NEED THE MALE GOURAMI OR IS SHE DOING THIS FOR NOTHING?:confused:

Well don't I feel like an idiot. Next time before asking a question - I will do some reading. The male Gouami's make the bubble nest. ha ha on me.

You aren't an idiot :) You became a member here, which means you care about your fish. Welcome to AA, by the way!

I don't have gouramis but I have had many bettas, which are another type of anabantoid fish like the gourami. Gouramis can build bubble nests without a female gourami present. My male betta has never seen a female betta and he often builds bubble nests. Here's a link about bubble nests:

Bubble nest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm sorry to hear that your other gourami died. When you say parrot, do you mean parrot cichlid? Certain types of cichlids and gouramis are generally not compatible as you have seen.

I have 1 Gourami (male) for sure, 1 bubble gum parrot (didn't read about until after buying) 2 kissing fish a couple more that I am ident. and of course now I have approx. 100 baby parrot Cichlids in their own tank.

Back
Top Bottom