Found a surprise this morning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dwohlge1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Seems my Molly's left me a present. Anything special I need to do? Can I just feed them flakes?

Attachments

• image-169237272.jpg
    image-169237272.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 147
crushed flake or hikari makes a brand called hikari first bites. :) keep their water very clean.

Congratz!! Feed them crushed up to a powder flakes. You can use toothpick to feed them if you want.

You should grind up fishy flakes in a plastic bag and then feed it to them that is what I do.

Thanks for all the help I am out of state at the moment so my wife is taking care of them. We have been doing the ground up flakes

blackmolly said:
crushed flake or hikari makes a brand called hikari first bites. :) keep their water very clean.

Word up! Keep their water clean. Those breeders trap water I'd reccomend an air stone on a fine mist to keep the nursery water flowing and airated. This way it'll mix with the tank water if not germs and waste will pool up in there with them I lost an entire batch of plattys like that.

From my personal experience, get a 10g tank and put the fry in that. Cover the filter intake with filter floss or sponge to prevent them getting sucked up. I found they grow much faster this way. I had one baby guppy escape my breeder trap and in two weeks it was double the size of the ones in the trap. I since got a 10g fry tank and they have doubled in size in only a week.

kdpuffer said:
From my personal experience, get a 10g tank and put the fry in that. Cover the filter intake with filter floss or sponge to prevent them getting sucked up. I found they grow much faster this way. I had one baby guppy escape my breeder trap and in two weeks it was double the size of the ones in the trap. I since got a 10g fry tank and they have doubled in size in only a week.

this is what I do too! works great!!!!

with water changes ever few days

kdpuffer said:

I was going to wait till they were bigger to do this but seems like I should just move em.

use a cup of water not a net. they're still at an age where it could be harmful to net them.

Well got a sponge and put my intake into it and moved them over. I am use omg the filter off te back of my 44g.

Attachments

• image-2238517112.jpg
    image-2238517112.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 63
  • image-3530870187.jpg
    image-3530870187.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom