found angelsfish eggs in community tank. options.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agrasyuk

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi freshwater breeders. came down to feed my bigger tank and found a surprise:
20141116_213331-vi.jpg

watching how the mother to be fans the eggs and chasing others away is really cool. tank is 125 gallon, occupants are mostly peaceful. tetra and 6 pencil fishes as well as corydoras should not present a threat. there are two bristle noses, a gourami and another angel. so far plecos show no interest and parents have good luck chasing the gurami away.

now i'm thinking how to proceed with this. for now i raised temp one degree so tank will be at 79-80F.
i'm kinda off inclined to leave everything as is and see if it somehow works out, but i wonder if fry will be able to compete for food well. i do have empty 20gal that i can setup, i could move the entire plant over. but i'm not sure if i can make it fast enough.

If you want to raise the fry I'd drop in a divider and separate the eggs from the rest of the tank. A suitable size piece of poret foam would be ideal. First spawn, as well as the next several, will likely be eaten if you leave the parents with them. Most cichlid pairs need at least a few spawns to sort out the proper procedure.

According to the seller parents are around 2yo so I would think it's not their first time.

Blocking that part of the tank would be problematic due to driftwood. However I guess could just clip the leaf and place it in breeder box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, no longer matters.

Came from work yesterday and the leaf is clean... Oh well, I will be faster next time.

Back
Top Bottom