Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-19-2006, 02:23 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Fry & High-Temps??

Hi I was wondering,
My mother&father goodieds (Redtail Split-fins) have what looks like ich.

The mother gave birth to what seems to be about 10 surviving (so far) fry. They are probably half a centimeter now. It's about day 4 since the were born, I think.

There is also a hi-fin pleco (~1'', very small as of now) and 3 peppered corys.

It is a 10 gal.

I have a qt. currently housing a very ill dwarf gourami (popeye, what looks like dropsy, 2 open sores) but it has no heater. It is usuallt at 66 degrees about.

What should I do with the ich infested parents? Will aquarium salt or high temps have any ill-effects on the fry??

Any help appreciated.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:33 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

I've never kept any of the goodeidae but ick is ick. I'd throw a little salt in and crank the temps. Most fry appreciate warmer temps anyway, so I suspect it won't be an issue as long as you come up to temp slowly and let them acclimate. Keep us posted!

Old 10-19-2006, 10:20 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to maxwell1295 Send a message via Yahoo to maxwell1295
I am raising fry right now in 88*F temps and they are doing fine. To make a long story short, mt QT tank housed some zebra danios for about a week. They laid eggs before I moved them out to another tank. An ick infested clown loach was placed in the tank and temp was raised to 88*F. One day I looked inthe tank and there were these little fry. I had no idea the danios had spawned. They have been in there at 88*F for about 3 weeks now. The loach still has ick but the babies are doing fine and growing fast.

125 Gallon Mixed African Thread, 75 Gallon Mixed Malawi Thread
maxwell1295 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fry

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com