Fry Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tinyninjafishy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everybody,
I don't know if I have this thread in the correct forum, so if I don't and somebody wants me to move it just tell me how and I will. I was wondering what the BEST food was to feed fry that you can make and stuff like that. Any help would be great!

Thank you in advance.
:thanks:

Hello everybody,
I don't know if I have this thread in the correct forum, so if I don't and somebody wants me to move it just tell me how and I will. I was wondering what the BEST food was to feed fry that you can make and stuff like that. Any help would be great!

Thank you in advance.
:thanks:

There are a number of foods that can be fed to a new fish fry but the right food depends on what fish :brows: Some fry are big enough at birth to eat foods like Hikari First bites while others will need tiny foods like infusorias. There is also a mind that says to crush up regular flakes but in reality, new born fry or just free swimming fry should be fed a food MEANT for baby fish not adult foods that has been ground into powder. Think of it this way, When you were first born, did your parents feed you formula or steak at first? Most likely, (and I'm only guessing here :D) you were fed either formula or milk at first then graduated to steak. Your fish need the same time to adjust.

The following link has a number of fry foods to choose from. This list is by no means complete (it does not include all the live foods you could use) but can give you a good idea the ingredients necessary to raise healthy fish fry. Choose what your fish need. Fry Foods - Food For Young Fish

Hope this helps...(y)

That helps a lot! Do you suggest one of this in particular? And thank you very much for the info!

That helps a lot! Do you suggest one of this in particular? And thank you very much for the info!

In the old days, Tetra made a flake food for fish fry but I haven't seen it offered lately (but I haven't really been looking either ;)). Hikari makes a pelleted food specifically for Guppies which I feed to my Baby Bettas to get them used to eating pellets. I'd suggest this for Guppy fry only because it's designed specifically for Guppies. If you were dealing with other fish, I would recommend other foods depending on the fish. (y)

Wow thanks! I shall look for that next time I go to the fish store! Might even go today, last day before school so gotta spend it all on the fish right? Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom