Fry Feeding Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hulka9

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have some swordtail fry and I have baby brine shrimp to feed them. The problem is they are in a community tank and its impossible to get food to them without other fish eating it first or worse the bigger fish get attracted to where I put the food and the fry run away and hide for days. Will they be okay?

Hello Hulk...

You just need to feed a little more and a little more often. Fry should eat several times a day. Frozen foods are good, like brine and Mysis shrimp, beef heart, krill and plankton. Chop up the cubes and drop them over the length of the tank. The cubes slowly sink and everyone will get their share.

B

You can also use a syringe or eye dropper to place the food directly in the area of the fry, which will give them a advantage in getting to it.

Okay thanks ill get that a shot. I cant take them out because my quarantine tank is occupied with some sick fish at the moment. The mother just tries to eat them she definitely doesn't look over them!

Back
Top Bottom