Fry guppies born!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flavia21

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all! So my guppy had her fry either last night or some time today and she had a whole bunch!!
So happy everything turned out good!
I had a few questions for anyone who is willing to help and give advice....
So my fry were born into the big tank and they seem to be doing just fine with the rest of the guppy fish. I don't plan on moving them because they'll get used to the tank and I feel they're much better with everyone else.
Now my question is what would you guys think is the best way to feed them? They linger more toward the bottom of the tank although some are here and there but I'm not sure if the food I give to all of the fish will reach the little ones and keep them alive.... Any advice?
I'm very happy that I don't see the other fish trying to eat them which was what I feared but the fish seem very friendly and just swim together!

Let me know all of your thought! I appreciate all the help!!

I've attached some photos of them:

image-1535997632.jpg

image-3733418113.jpg

image-2581926521.jpg

image-2742944399.jpg

Had a hard time seeing them at first, looks great congrats! :)

Congrats on the babies! Do you have any plants in your tank? Guppy fry will generally grow out on insofuria (think I spelt that wrong), micro algae and biofilm that covers most aquatic plants. They'll take flake and other foods when they are big enough. Hope that helps :p

Congrats on the babies! Do you have any plants in your tank? Guppy fry will generally grow out on insofuria (think I spelt that wrong), micro algae and biofilm that covers most aquatic plants. They'll take flake and other foods when they are big enough. Hope that helps :p
Yes I have some plants! Thanks for the advice!!

Hey I was wondering if by any chance if the size of the fry has anything to do at how much older and bigger she is....reason I'm asking is because her fry seemed to be born much bigger compared to my previous breedings.

Advice anyone?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom