Fry !!!!!! HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeckyN

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408263508.763601.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408263533.087844.jpg
Finally had baby's what do I do now

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

keep them far away from mom/dad, unless they are discuss. If they are discuss, leave them with mom/dad. the babies need to eat the slime coat of parents. If not discuss, keep them in a place not accessible by mom/dad, such as a different aquarium, or partitioned off part of main aquarium, and feed them very small foods, like ground up flakes, or new hatched brine shrimp.

--I am spewing the textbook, never actually done this myself, feel free to correct me--

Dalmation mollie

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi! I only learned this a couple days/weeks ago but I'll share all the info I can give:) First of all, you want to make sure the Dalmatian molly is already back in the main tank and the fry are safe in the little breeding net you have there. Then, you need to go out and get some fish food for them. You can use crushed up flakes or pellets for the time being but I would suggest buying some Hikari First Bites for them as someone mentioned above. These help fry grow into very healthy adults:D You want to make sure the water is not too cold for them and also that they can easily reach the surface of the water for food, my water level is lowered for them. If you can't do that then just make sure that they get the food and eat it. Remove any fry that died (leave ones that look ill-they might recover) and the rest is pretty much up to you! If you have any questions I'll try my best to answer them but I am also really new to this, my fry were born approximately two days ago:p Good luck!

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Back
Top Bottom