Fry JD question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Candi1990

Aquarium Advice Freak
My JD fry is 2 weeks old almost. Still very small. I am paranoid that the parents are going to eat them! Is it too soon to separate? I know how to grind the food and feed the babies but will that be enough? If I don't separate them when will I know when the right time is? Thanks!

Id seperate them,my jags last 2-3 weeks then start chopping down the fry,just drop your powder into your fry tank,they will get it,a little piece of java moss works great for holding the food,also slowly get that fry tank temp up to about 86* and your fry will grow much faster

jetajockey said:
You can separate them whenever you are ready to. I always transfer water from the main tank into the fry tank so that they transition easily.

I am going to leave the fry where they are and move the parents.

Megacichlid said:
Id seperate them,my jags last 2-3 weeks then start chopping down the fry,just drop your powder into your fry tank,they will get it,a little piece of java moss works great for holding the food,also slowly get that fry tank temp up to about 86* and your fry will grow much faster

I don't know about raising the temp thanks! Do you think yours ate them all at once or a few at a time? I keep wondering if I a, seeing less of them, I don't see them dead in the tank or in the filter.

I think they do it to thin the number of fry,trust me a higher temp will grow your fry faster,lots of wc's and a good feed like dried plankton will grow monsters,they are jd's right?

Megacichlid said:
I think they do it to thin the number of fry,trust me a higher temp will grow your fry faster,lots of wc's and a good feed like dried plankton will grow monsters,they are jd's right?

Yes Jacks. They are in a 55g tank I don't do the water changes daily. I do em weekly. You suggest daily? I better take em out . Thanks guys for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom