Fry Location?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pmcgoldie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have 1 balloon belly fry that is now being stored in a 2 gallon tank. It is still very small, would you recommend that I keep her in my 2 gallon tank or should I move her up to my main 10 gallon tank? Would she get sucked up in a filter??

Pmcgoldie said:
Have 1 balloon belly fry that is now being stored in a 2 gallon tank. It is still very small, would you recommend that I keep her in my 2 gallon tank or should I move her up to my main 10 gallon tank? Would she get sucked up in a filter??

She will need a 20 gal eventually. In livebearer speak that means about 5 months.lol

You can move her as you see fit, with tanks usually bigger is better. I don't see a stunting issue with a fish that's already stunted genetically. Balloon mollies stay quite small compared to their wild counterparts so I think a 10 is a suitable permanent home.

jetajockey said:
You can move her as you see fit, with tanks usually bigger is better. I don't see a stunting issue with a fish that's already stunted genetically. Balloon mollies stay quite small compared to their wild counterparts so I think a 10 is a suitable permanent home.

All right! And you're sure that she won't get sucked up in the filter?? (I know it sounds weird, but she's the only one that survived and I really don't want to lose her...)

Thanks! Here is a pic I took of the little sucker (the temporary tank is located on my desk lol...) but I thought that I would let you guys see her to let me know if the bigger fish would eat her (just another worry of mine :))

Attachments

• image-139361367.jpg
    image-139361367.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 63
  • image-477330080.jpg
    image-477330080.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom