Fry net things...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Japola44

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am still thinking about breeding guppies to feed...I was told to get some kind of holding area for the fry. The cheapest being one of those box net things that you plop the pregnant guppy mom in to give birth in and then take them out to keep the fry from being eaten. Is this effetive or work at all? any other ideas...tia

heres what you want.
Much cheaper to...Only thing is, I cut the whole size of the container out of the foam and glue it to the outsides.

http://perth-cichlid-forums.ipbhost.com/-Diy-Frysaver-t318.html

you can see one floating in my tank here..

img_547695_0_ac349c0dd572c48e795f5552f77c9467.jpg

Matt.

I lost a lot of fry that tried to hide in between the netting and the frame, so I turned mine inside out. I tied tiny loops of string in the bottom corners of the net with a needle, and placed the loops on the ends of the uprights before I snapped them into place. After the frame is assembled, pull the netting over the top and tie it in place (may take a few tries). I also added a few loops of string along the sides on the bottom to keep it in place. Result--a much smoother inner surface with no trap points. Great way to make something simple very complicated. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom