Fry tank immediate question.....help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelly5978

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had trouble keeping my angelfish fry alive. I am starting to think it's an issue with the parents, or the water....or (hopefully not) me! However, in a second tank, I had 2 marble angels who couldn't get along with the group in the main tank. Lucky me....they paired! Unfortunately, I did not have this tank set up for breeding. There is gravel at the bottom, and even though the eggs hatched yesterday and became wigglers, they fall off the leaf, into the gravel, when the parents go change the algae eater. So....I've set up a 2.5g with methelyne blue, same parameter water, heater and air stone. My main concern is this: the plant the wigglers are having trouble sticking to is covered with green algae. if I move the leaf the wigglers are on to the fry tank, won't the m. Blue kill the algae, create an ammonia spike, and kill the wigglers? Should I add prime? Or try to move them without the leaf? I need to do this ASAP! I really need this success to keep me trying. I'm starting to think I just can't do it! Andy...or anyone....help

Back
Top Bottom