GBR babies!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
Omg I'm so excited after months and months of my GBR pair eating the eggs I see a whole lot of babies following them around! They are so cute and tiny it's amazing to watch them protect the babies from the other fish. I really hope they make it :) I even saw daddy moving them in his mouth and spitting them back out into the group haha I didn't realise they did that I thought he was eating them at first!

I have moved the 3 female guppies they shared the tank with to my other tank for now. The only other fish in the tank now are Pygmy corys and ottos so hopefully the fry have more of a chance at making it now. Is there anything I need to do or can do to increase their chance of survival?

The babies are still alive and doing well I think :) mum and dad are still looking after them and doing a great job

Are you going to move the fry?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wasn't going too since the parents are looking after them. I thought it would be best to leave them ?

I'm not sure they'll survive, I may be wrong but I think the rams will only be nice for so long..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Captive bred rams have a reputation for being bad parents but they can learn.

Mine are doing great at the moment but it's only day 4. I'd be so upset if they got eaten. I waited months for them to learn not to eat the eggs and finally they got it.

Back
Top Bottom