GBR/EBR babies!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a pair of EBR's and just bought a pair of GBR’s this Saturday. They will have their own tanks to call home. The EBR’s I’ve had for a few months now are doing very well. They have spawned on many occasions but the eggs keep turning white meaning they are infertile. It may be because the male is infertile or the fact that they are siblings. I believe the GBR’s are siblings as well. I don’t want them to breed if they are siblings the young will be un-healthy. I want to breed to strengthen their lines. I’m wondering what sought rams will eventuate from a Male EBR / Female GBR and vice versa. Will they mutate to different colour morphs? Will I have a certain percentage of EBR’s and GBR’s?

You know, I'm honestly not sure. That's the biggest reason I wanted to save the fry from this batch, I was really curious as to what they would look like. I'm about to do a water change to get them going on laying eggs again, and this time I'm taking their babies.

You know, I'm honestly not sure. That's the biggest reason I wanted to save the fry from this batch, I was really curious as to what they would look like. I'm about to do a water change to get them going on laying eggs again, and this time I'm taking their babies.

Muhahaha, yes take their first borns!! I would love to know whats going on! If i learn anything i'll keep you posted/.

The two finally laid eggs again, and my EBR has seriously colored up! Since they kept them for a couple days after the last eggs hatched, I'm going to leave the eggs with them until they hatch and they I'll move out the parents.

Also, Ozy, I spoke to a lady at my LFS that I really trust and she seemed to think it could be a mixture of GBR/EBR/and a funny EBR/GBR mix with the babies. She seemed to think that without knowing the previous genetics, especially, it would be hard to guess, but all of it was possible, and that I could get different results each spawn. She also said she'd buy my babies no matter what they look like so that makes me happy, since I know I'll have more than what I can farm out to friends :)

Attachments

• IMG_2159.jpg
    IMG_2159.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2160.jpg
    IMG_2160.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom