GBR(Mikrogeophagus ramirezi) breeding help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would not MB a whole tank,especially if it has substrate and and any scape[wood,plants]..
This is not how I breed so I have no clue?
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...rezi-breeding-help-335052-46.html#post3315479
One picture here shows a small container with the eggs on their tray and MB..
This is a "Dip and Pour" that is what I use 100%.
These hold maybe 1 liter and I add 2 drops MB..
You see MB is severely effected by the organics and hard scapes in tanks and plants...
I would at least hatch one or two sets of eggs before it is too late and then mess around with whole tank breeding,again not my game at all. I like whole tanks full of fry....
I would like to see your long fins,maybe I still have hope?
If your eggs are brown after 24 hours they are good 90%+ so I think the parents are ating them for whatever reason.
Many of my male GBR will not let female near eggs again.
My EBR can have eggs in a 40b with 8 pairs and no one touches them for days!

Here are my 2 long fins man, and the normal male.
Do u think that the circulation of the water and the care of the male is not enough,so the eggs get some fungus?
Is the MB necessary to be add?

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 39
The fish look nice.
if I oull eggs and don't use mb they fungus in 24 hours...
The MB is necessary for me..
I would never try to artificially hatch in that tank..
Too many plants and hardscape for effective use of MB.
It will lose potency QUICKLY which is proven by fungused eggs???

OK,i will try to pull the eggs to a 2-3 liter bottle with MB for 30 hours,i will change after that the water with aquarium's water and when the wigglers come to free swimming i will add them to the main 110 liter aquarium,without the parents.Is this ok?
Lets see if the eggs will get fungus with this way....i am very curious....

OK,i will try to pull the eggs to a 2-3 liter bottle with MB for 30 hours,i will change after that the water with aquarium's water and when the wigglers come to free swimming i will add them to the main 110 liter aquarium,without the parents.Is this ok?
Lets see if the eggs will get fungus with this way....i am very curious....

YES!
Use air stone for bubbles also in the bottle with eggs.(y)

Good advice here, going to get a breeder tank set up to give this a try. Love GBRs. Awesome fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi again,
after 2+ months my rams have eggs.
A small lay.
I took the eggs and here are the pictures.I dont know,this time the eggs its not seem very well.I dont know if the picture are helpful to make a comment.

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 38
If what the fish lay the eggs on is too big to be moved out of tank just steal it when they are wigglers and shake them off.

If what the fish lay the eggs on is too big to be moved out of tank just steal it when they are wigglers and shake them off.
Right now the eggs are on 5liter bottle with airstone and MB.
Tomorrow evening I hope to have wigglers and I wild take them out to my 110liter tank alone with airstone and wait.Can I do that?

I guess you can.If you can move them safely you should be fine.
Lower the water level of 110l tank to 25%.
This way when fry hatch water is not deep and they can find food.
Slowly over 2-3 weeks add water until tank is full in place of water changes since fry will be very small.
Once tank is full the fry will be easier to not suck up and you can then do water changes.

Here is my 110 liter tank(without the parents).It is full planted with a lot of surface plants.Is it necessary to stay with only 30 liter(25%) water in an aquarium like this?
The other alternative is a 20 liter tank with a sponge filter and a thermostat .
Which aquarium do u prefer?

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 48
Do the 20l bare bottom with sponge and floating plants.
Still not full, only as much as needed to run the sponge.Many of my fry tanks are in the video back a little...

So your opinion is to put the wigglers to the 20l with sponge filter and floating plants....i can do that.
But for how long should i leave there?How many weeks?
And if the water is less than 20l what about the water changes?

They may be fine over a month in a 5g.That is my first tank for fry.
1/2 full then add slowly till full.If you overfeed you will need to change water often.I use an airline and a very clean white bucket.
You will suck up fry so the less you change in the beginning the more helpful it will be.
The slow fill is like making water changes as it dilutes the nutrients when you add the water,but you are not messing with the fry.
I go in this order for rams ;Dip and pour for maybe 2-4 weeks
Paint strainer for up to 6 weeks after the D&P
Then either a 5g or 10g.Partially filled....
After 2-3 months they 20g then finally 40b at about 4 months old....

Unfortunately all the eggs got fungus:(
So i believe that there is a problem with long fin eggs all this time i am trying with these fishes(long fins).
i will try 1 last time:ermm:

More of the fry in Dip and Pours [D&P] and of fry in the paint strainers..
The EBA are growing nicely...They are 2 weeks free swimming..
No sound or talk as I was playing music and youtube deleted the audio.

Bandit, that is not a hobbie. That is an obsession...and I am jealous...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom