General Question :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dneandbb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We are thinking about breeding some fish for a little extra money and we were wondering what breed of fish is best to do this with? Is there any good websites to sell them online or should be just stick to the LFS? I've bred South American Cichlids but it's been a few years back. Honestly, I didn't expect them to spawn... Thanks in advance for your help!

Dana

Well it depends on what kind of fish you breed. Guppy, platy, molly and swordtail fry is not going to sell for much unless they are rare strains. Some easy to breed cichlids like angels, rams, keyholes, dwarf cichlids, etc. don't sell that much around here either. Here, the rare fish like sparkling gouramis, badis badis, arowana, purple passion danios are what sell for high prices. And any colorful fish like discus, boeseman's rainbows, paradise fish and peacock cichlids sell pretty well here too, anywhere from 10-50 dollars per fish. I guess it depends on the area you are in.

Like stated before it really depends on where you live. I sell my guppies 10 for about 4 dollars so for me that's a pretty good profit and I know you can sell the. On ebay and amazon for a lot more so look into It and find which method best suits you.

i raise and sell angel fish -prity easy to breed- i get $5.00 each when there body reaches quarter size.

Nickie said:
Like stated before it really depends on where you live. I sell my guppies 10 for about 4 dollars so for me that's a pretty good profit and I know you can sell the. On ebay and amazon for a lot more so look into It and find which method best suits you.

I would like to know about selling fish online if anyone can help! I have lots of jack fry I am needing to sell. No one will even take em around here.

advertize on here in the clasafieds or on ebay. you will have to no how to pack and ship them. ask a member named shay on a private message she ships a lot

Back
Top Bottom