German blue ram breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

exeori

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have just added a male German blue ram to my tank and I'm going to add one female next week. Is there anything I can do to encourage breeding? And anything special I will need to ensure some of the fry survive. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

I need the same advice too. My GBR's just laid eggs today out of no where! Any advice on raising them would be awesome.

I didnt do anything special other than i feed only live or frozen food. Temps around 78.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396823958.351699.jpg

EDIT:

Heres a vid of them fertilizing the eggs
http://youtu.be/kuJXKSRnRuw

I have just added a male German blue ram to my tank and I'm going to add one female next week. Is there anything I can do to encourage breeding? And anything special I will need to ensure some of the fry survive. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

You will have to get yourself a breeding pair. I know there is this guy, yuonite or something who sells paired GBR's... Look on eBay for "Paired German blue rams"

Cycling 45 Gallon. ???

I didnt get a breeding pair. I bought a male a month ago and a female five days ago and they already laid eggs today!

I have bog wood but it's at the front of the tank. Maybes add a piece at the back for an extra hiding space?

And that looks good! What other fish do you have with your rams

Back
Top Bottom