German Rams spawned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cinciboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Rams spawned today in my 29 Gal. Lot of eggs on a leaf on the dense area of vegetation. They are chasing everybody away... anything I could do to save these eggs..

you could always hatch them in another tank. If this is the pair's first spawn then they may not have fertilized all the eggs and it would be better to leave them with the parents so the non-fertilized eggs will be picked out to prevent the spread of fungus. It is always fun to watch the parents follow their instincts. But, if you really want to raise the fry you'll need to remove them to another tank. Keep the water clean and get some liquidfry for when they are free swimming and have finished off their eggsacks. You can also feed crushed up flake food as they get a little bigger.

I'm guessing that this is their first? The first few go rounds may not produce any fry and they will keep trying until they get it right.

If you have any aggressive fish, you may have to remove the Rams to their own tank in order to have a successful spawn.

Otherwise, let nature take it's course.

I have no advice for you. Just wanted to say congrats, you must be maintaining a perfect tank for those little guys to breed.

Thanks guys for all the support and advice.. Today morning I woke up on the tank (thats what my wife told me) and checked for eggs.. Rams are now where near it and decided to keep a close watch on them... man my wife was yelling at me I am late for office .. but still I am unmoved.. after some time my corys came around (this is where corys usually hide) and started to munch on them.. So I decided to removed the eggs ... so I cut the leaf and placed in in my feeder ring so that no one can touch it.

At present it is floating inside the feeder ring which is like a plastic cone with small slots... I hope they protect them.. I managed to save around 20-30 eggs.. Can they survive without their parents... Can i take it to new tank.. any tank condition to be maintained ????

Back
Top Bottom