ghost shimp breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandell

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Never try to breed befor but have a few females that have been carrying egges around for at leAst a mounth now i was woundereing if they will drop and hatch in my tank or if they need some kind of trigger(like a dose of salt water or something) and if it will hurt the shrimp not to drop the eggs. As I have a heavly planted tank and will not be adding any salt to it.

When I read the title, I thought "hmmmm some flour, milk, black pepper, garlic, cayenne" might work for poppers. Anyways...

It all depends on the actual species of shrimp that you have. There are many labeled as "ghost shrimp" and many of them require brackish conditions for larval development. If they are full FW shrimp without a larval stage then they should be dropping anytime and as long as they have adequate hiding places so that they are not all preyed upon by fish, you should have a growing colony. Good luck!

Thanks for the info, have any places in tank to hide here is too hopeing for no larva stage. If they do need brakish water to spawn will it harm the shimp to carry dud eggs?

Back
Top Bottom