Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-04-2004, 12:53 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to kagentx
GlassFish breeding...

its been awhile since i've taken care of my plantedtank due to a major delay of my regulator at ereefstank.com , but recently i just noticed two glassfish bumping into each other around the water flow and amazon swords. The glassfish has about 5 orange eggs in there and they actually looked healthy. What should I do? should i put them in a breeding net? because there are angel fish in there which will indeed eat the eggs. Where will they lay their eggs?

Old 09-04-2004, 12:55 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

glass catfish* they are

Old 09-04-2004, 10:20 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Congratulations on the eggs! There are other fish that lay orange eggs, like some plecos, but in any case a breeder net would restrict water flow and the eggs would likely succumb to fungus. That is why they laid them near the current so water movement would protect them.

If you have a spare 10gal or something like that that you could rig up as a fry tank, then that would be the best thing.
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 11:06 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

i have a 20 gallon tank... would the process of moving them cause them to stop?... well i can suck the water from the original tank into the new one, what should i put into the 20 gallon tank if i was to move them there?

i've always heard they are are to breed and much to my suprise they are.... =D

Tags
breed, breeding, glassfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com